Paid two week internship: compassion in SDGs
Are you interested in a short term, immediate start student internship that will help drive real impact in the engagement and delivery of the SDGs? Deadline: Sunday 27 June.
Over a two week period, from Thursday 1 July to Friday 16 July 2021, you will complete a short piece of work to pull together the data from the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). You will then create an infographic that uses your ideas of how to present this data effectively, in order to communicate the key points to the public.
You will be working with Professor Liz Grant, Assistant Principal and Director Global Health Academy. The role will be fully virtual and meetings will take place by Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
The role is an opportunity to:
Participate and contribute in current research
Earn money and gain work experience
Develop your skills in analytical research and in writing
- Analytical skills such as the drawing out pertinent information from academic literature
- Computer literate (use of Microsoft applications) and able to work remotely with confidence e.g. communications by email, Teams and in the use of online virtual meetings
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- An interest in issues around the Sustainable Development Goals
- Experience of creating infographics
- Experience in using various communication style to communicate a message
- Familiarity with the Sustainable Development Goals
Grade and pay
UoE Grade 5 (£23,067 per annum, pro-rata for the two week period)
Full role description
For more information on the role, what you can expect and the personal specification we are looking for, see the full description below.
How to apply
To apply, send your C.V. and personal statement (maximum 500 words) to Vanessa.McCorquodale@ed.ac.uk by Sunday 27 June 2021.
Interviews are expected to be on Tuesday 29 June 2021.
If you are studying on a visa, please check your visa or UKRI for your maximum weekly working hours allowance before applying.