Students: share your experience of working with us!
We're asking students who've taken part in our department's projects to record a short video about their experience.
The Department for Social Responsibility and Sustainability are making a short film to show new and returning students the various ways they can work with us to help the University become zero carbon and zero waste, as well as support local communities within Edinburgh.
We'd like students who have taken part in our department's projects - such as the Sustainability Champions network or Student Pathways programme - to record a short video about what they did, their experience of working with us and their top tips or other students on how to be more sustainable.
The best clips will be chosen to feature in the video that will be used to encourage more students to take part in zero carbon, zero waste and local community engagement projects during their time at the University. If your video is featured, you'll receive a £20 voucher for a local ethical business or social enterprise.
You are eligible to feature if you have:
- Driven action as a Sustainability Champion
- Participated in our extra curricular Student Pathways programme
- Your society or group has received funding through our Student Project Grant
- Undergone a placement, internship or volunteered with the Department for Social Responsibility and Sustainability
- Audited our Sustainability Awards
- Been involved in our Residence Awards
How to apply:
- Complete the form linked below with your details
- Send your completed video to firstname.lastname@example.org via OneDrive, a Google Drive link or WeTransfer, in .MOV or .MP4 format
What to include:
Please ensure you answer the following prompts in your video.
How you’ve worked with the department
What you’ve gained from the experience
What changes you want to see in regards to climate change
Advice on filming your video
- Please film LANDSCAPE (16:9 ratio/widescreen - hold your phone on its side).
- Ideally, film in HD (most phones have this capability either 1920x1080 or 1280x720) basically the higher quality the better.
- Frame yourself in the centre of the image and stay relatively close to the camera - head and chest in frame.
- Look directly into the camera.
- Speak with enthusiasm - you're helping to inspire other students!
- Ensure the video is well lit, perhaps by facing a window or light source. Avoid having a light source behind you, as that will silhouette you.
- Try to avoid any background noise.
- Have a neutral background if possible e.g. a plain wall
Deadline for applications is Friday 18 September 2020.
You will be contacted by 2 October 2020 to let you know if you have been successful or not. If you are selected to appear in our short film, we are offering a £20 voucher for a local ethical business or social enterprise in return for your contribution.