Consultant Hepatobiliary and General Surgeon
Sarah’s main clinical interests include hepatobiliary and pancreatic resectional surgery, the management of severe acute pancreatitis, complex gallstone disease, ERCP and emergency general surgery.
Appointments and Activities
Sarah was appointed as a Consultant HPB and General Surgeon in June 2017.
After graduating from the University of Leicester Medical School she began her clinical training in Leicester. She went on to achieve a PhD for her work on the chemoprevention of colorectal cancer and colorectal cancer liver metastases. She completed her Core Surgical Training in Nottingham, before returning to Leicester for Specialty Training in HPB and General Surgery. In 2015 Sarah did a Fellowship for a year in Pancreatic Surgery at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB), University of Leicester, 2003
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS), England, 2007
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), University of Leicester, 2009
- Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education (PgCert), Cardiff University, 2011
- Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Education (PgDip), Cardiff University, 2012
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), England, 2016