Mr Gohil is a Consultant ENT Surgeon working across multiple sites in NHS Lothian and Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at the University of Edinburgh. His specialist interests include rhinology, endoscopic sinus surgery, external nasal surgery, functional nasal airway surgery and anterior skull base surgery.
Consultant Otorhinolaryngologist, Consultant in Rhinology & Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery, Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer
- NHS Secretary: 0131 536 4453
- Email: ENTSecretaries@nhslothian.scot.nhs.uk
Appointments and Activities
Mr Gohil was appointed as a Consultant ENT Surgeon in NHS Lothian and became an Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer in 2021.
Following undergraduate training in Nottingham, Mr Gohil undertook surgical and ENT training at surgical centres across the East Midlands and East of Scotland, including the Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, Dundee, Fife and Edinburgh. He consolidated and enhanced his formal training with a fellowship in Advanced Rhinology, Facial Plastic and Anterior Skull Base Surgery in the Wessex Deanery. Mr Gohil is now fully involved in the anterior skull base MDT in Edinburgh and regularly collaborates with his neurosurgical colleagues. He also has a specialist practice managing a range of nose and sinus problems.
Mr Gohil’s educational qualifications are:
- Bachelor of Medical Sciences (BMedSci.(Hons)), First Class, University of Nottingham, 2007.
- Bachelor of Medicine; Bachelor of Surgery (BM BS), University of Nottingham, 2010
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (MRCS), Royal College of Surgeons of England, 2013
- Diploma of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (DOHNS), Royal College of Surgeons of England, 2013
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (FRCSEd ORL-HNS), Edinburgh, 2019
For a list of Rohit Gohil publications, click here.