Consultant General Surgeon and Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Hepatic-Pancreatico-Biliary Surgical Services
- Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh.
- NHS Clinical Secretary: 0131 242 3663 (Nicola Downs)
- Email: email@example.com
Mr Ravindran's main clinical interests include hepato-biliary and pancreatic resectional surgery, treatment of acute and chronic pancreatitis, complex gallstone disease, laparoscopic surgery and emergency surgery.
Appointments and Activities
- Clinical Director for General and HPB Surgery from April 2014 to March 2018.
- Mr Ravindran joined the Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary team at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh in April 2007.
- Mr Ravindran was appointed as a Consultant Surgeon in 2002 at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.
- He came to the UK for advanced surgical training. Mr Ravindran underwent higher surgical training in North East of Scotland (1995-2001).
- After obtaining his medical degree he worked as a junior demonstrator in Anatomy for a year at JIPMER, India. His initial surgical training was in India.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Madras Medical College, University of Madras, India 1988
- Master of Surgery (MS Gen Surg), Stanley Medical College, Madras, India, 1992
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCSEd Surg-in-Gen), Edinburgh, 1994
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCSEd Gen Surg), Edinburgh, 2000
- Faculty member of the higher surgical skills course conducted by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- e-Tutor at the Edinburgh Surgical Sciences Qualification (ESSQ).
- Member of various professional organisations including ASGBI, AUGIS, ALS, IHPBA and Pancreatic Society of GB.