Consultant Vascular Surgeon & Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Vascular Surgery Services
- Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh
- NHS Clinical Secretary: 0131 242 1059
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Burns practices all areas of Vascular Surgery, but has special interests in the treatment of thoraco-abdominal aortic aneurysms, minimally invasive treatment of vascular disease and surgery for haemodialysis access.
Appointments and Activities
Mrs Phillipa Burns currently practices as a Consultant Vascular Surgeon at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh.
She trained in Edinburgh, before spending a year’s Fellowship in Sydney, Australia, learning minimally invasive techniques in Vascular Surgery.
Mrs Burns’s educational qualifications are:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc MedSci Hons), University of Edinburgh, 1993
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB ChB), University of Edinburgh, 1995
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), University of Edinburgh, 2005
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, 2007