Mr Barber's clinical interest is in breast surgery including management of benign and malignant disease and breast reconstruction.
Appointments and Activities
Mr Barber was appointed Consultant Breast Surgeon in 2004. As well as working in the Breast Unit in Edinburgh, he provides breast surgical services at St Johns Hospital in Livingston.
Mr Barber was at university and did house jobs in Glasgow. He undertook surgical training in Edinburgh and Manchester. He is the administrative lead for the Edinburgh Breast Unit. He is the breast lead for the ESSQ and ChM qualifications for the University of Edinburgh/Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. He is a member of the National Cancer Quality Steering Group.
Mr Barber’s educational qualifications are:
- Bachelor of Sciences (BSc Hons), Anatomy Glasgow, 1989
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB ChB - Hons), Glasgow, 1992
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), Edinburgh, 1996
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), Glasgow, 1996
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), Glasgow, 2001
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS - GenSurg), 2004