Mr Barber's clinical interest is in breast surgery including management of benign and malignant disease and breast reconstruction.
Appointments and Activities
Mr Barber was at university and did house jobs in Glasgow. He undertook surgical training in Edinburgh and Manchester.
He is the chair for breast surgery for the South East Scotland Cancer Network. He is the clinical lead for symptomatic breast disease for the Modernising Patient Pathways Programme and a member of the National Cancer Quality Steering Group. He is a member of the NHS Education for Scotland Breast Surgery Training working group and an external advisor on breast surgery consultant appointments for the Academy of Scottish Medical Royal Colleges.
Mr Barber’s educational qualifications are:
- Bachelor of Sciences (BSc Hons), Anatomy Glasgow, 1989
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB ChB - Hons), Glasgow, 1992
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), Edinburgh, 1996
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), Glasgow, 1996
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), Glasgow, 2001
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS - GenSurg), 2004