Dimitrios's interests lie in Emergency Surgery, Abdominal Wall Reconstruction, Perioperative Care and Team Building.
Appointments and Activities
Appointed as substantive consulant in 2017. RIE surgical lead for the Scottish Emergency Laparotomy Audit. Investigator in multicentre studies for WSES. Tutor in ChM in General Surgery-University of Edinburgh. Investigator in RESORP study on acute pancreatitis.
Born and raised in Greece. Post graduate training at the General Hospital of Nikaia-Piraeus, Greece. Training in General and Emergency Surgery, rotation in ICU - Thoracic Surgery - Neurosurgery from 2007 to 2013. Emergency Medicine Consultant, Centre Hospitalier de Joliment, La Louviere, Belgium, 2014-2015. Post CCT Fellow in Emergency General Surgery, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, 2015-2016. Locum Consultant in General and Upper GI Surgery, NHS Lothian, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, 2016-2017.
- Undergraduate studies in Medicine, Democritus University of Thrace School of Medicine, Greece
- M.Sc. in Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
- CCT in General Surgery, Ministry of Health of Greece, 2013
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS GenSurg), Edinburgh, 2018
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- European Society of Emergency Surgery
- World Society of Emergency Surgery
- British and European Hernia Society.