Dimitrios's interests lie in Emergency Surgery, Abdominal Wall Reconstruction, Perioperative Care and Team Building.
Appointments and Activities
Appointed as substantive consultant in 2017. Member of the Board of the British Hernia Society. Member of the Surgical Specialty Board in General Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. Member of the organising committee of the World Society of Emergency Surgery meeting , Edinburgh, September 2021. RIE surgical lead for the Scottish Emergency Laparotomy Audit (ELLSA). Tutor in ChM in General Surgery-University of Edinburgh. Module lead Year 4 medical students for RIE General Surgery. Associate member of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. Educational/clinical supervisor for Foundation year doctors in General Surgery. Member of the ASGBI Emergency General Surgery Steering Group.
Born and raised in Greece. Post graduate surgical training at the General Hospital of Nikaia-Piraeus, Greece. Emergency Medicine Consultant, Centre Hospitalier de Jolimont, La Louviere, Belgium, 2014-2015. Post CCT Fellow in Emergency General Surgery, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, 2015-2016. Locum Consultant in General and Upper GI Surgery, NHS Lothian, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, 2016-2017.
- MBBS, Democritus University of Thrace School of Medicine, Greece
- M.Sc. in Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
- CCT in General Surgery, Ministry of Health of Greece, 2013
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS GenSurg), Edinburgh, 2018
- Fellow of the European Board of Surgery – Emergency Surgery (FEBSEmSurg)
- Vice President of the World Society of Emergency Surgery (WSES)
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- European Society of Emergency Surgery
- World Society of Emergency Surgery
- European Hernia Society
- East of Scotland representative for ASGBI