Dr Davies is the Deputy Programme Director for the MSc in Patient Safety and Human Clinical Factors [Year 3] and MSc Surgical Sciences [Year 3]. Both programmes are a partnership between The University of Edinburgh and Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Appointments and Activities
Dr Davies has a PhD in Neurobiology from The Roslin Institute and worked as a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at the MRC Centre for Reproductive Health, both University of Edinburgh. Her research background focussed on the role of immune cells in the resolution of brain inflammation and the role of macrophages during myelin repair in the adult brain.
Dr Davies has worked as a Researcher Development Consultant, supporting researchers to enhance their personal and professional skills.
Dr Davies joined the department of Clinical Surgery as Deputy Programme Director for the MSc in Patient Safety and Human Clinical Factors in November 2022.
- 2010 – BSc Hons Biochemistry and Pharmacology, University of Strathclyde
- 2011 – MRes Integrated Mammalian Biology, University of Glasgow
- 2016 – PhD ‘Myeloid cell involvement during the resolution of acute brain inflammation’, The Roslin Institute, University of Edinburgh
- 2019 – PgCAP, University of Edinburgh
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
For a list of Claire's publications, please click on the below PDF.