Dr Chantelle Aftab, Senior Lecturer, is the Deputy Programme Director and Personal Tutor for the ChM (Master of Surgery) Trauma and Orthopaedics Online Distance Learning Postgraduate Degree Programme, delivered in partnership between the University of Edinburgh and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Dr Chantelle Aftab (nee Anandan)
Senior Lecturer, Deputy Programme Director for ChM Trauma & Orthopaedics
Dr Chantelle Aftab (MSc, PhD) has a research background in epidemiology and public health, with a particular focus in cancer, asthma and allergies. Dr Aftab joined the Edinburgh Surgery Online team in 2015 as Deputy Programme Director and Personal Tutor for the ChM Trauma & Orthopaedics.
Dr Chantelle Aftab is a project supervisor for ChM (Masters) students and undergraduate Honours students (BMEdSci and BMTO). She is a Tutor for the summer Student-Led, Individually-Created Courses (SLICCs).
- Edinburgh Surgery Online Global Outreach Scholarship Selection Panel.
- Clinical Sciences Teaching Organisation (CSTO) Board of Studies.
- CSTO Taught Programme Directors.
- CSTO Academics Forum.
- CSTO Postgraduate (online) Staff Student Liaison Committee (SSLC).
- University of Edinburgh, Internal Periodic Review Team.
- University of Edinburgh, Senatus Academicus (2017-2020).
- Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE).
- Academy of Medical Educators (AoME).
- An International Association for Medical Education, Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE).
- International Association of Medical Science Educators (IAMSE).
- International Association of Epidemiology (IEA).
- Royal Statistical Society (RSS).
- Faculty of Public Health (FPH).
- European Public Health Association (EPHA).
- Association for Learning Technology (ALT)
Awards and Distinctions
Winner of the 2022 Edinburgh University Student’s Association (EUSA) ‘Teacher of the Year’ award (College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine).
For a list of Dr Aftab’s publications, please click here.