Benoy Babu is a Consultant Transplant Surgeon at the Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh.
Consultant Transplant Surgeon
- NHS Secretary: 0131 242 1719 (Carolyn Calder)
Appointments and Activities
Following his undergraduate training in India, he moved to the UK for his general surgery training and CCT (Certificate of Completion of Training) with subspecialty interest in HPB. Following this, he did a 2-year American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) accredited multi-organ transplant & HPB fellowship in North America. He is an ASTS Certified Abdominal Transplant Surgeon.
Benoy Babu completed his MD research in recombinant human activated protein C and the modulation of acute pancreatitis.
His interests and roles within liver transplantation include
- New oncological indications,
- Use of novel technologies
- Live donor liver transplantation
- Enhanced recovery after surgery
MBBS, MRCS, PGCert, MD, FRCS, ASTS Certified Abdominal Transplant Surgeon.
Awards and Distinctions
- 2011 Young Investigator Award: International Association of Pancreatology
- 2009 Young Investigator Award: American Pancreatic Association & Japan Pancreas Society,
- 2007 Dickinson Trust Scholarship
- 2006 Henry Wade Fund
- 2005 & 2007: West Yorkshire Workforce Development Confederation Scholarship
To view a list of Benoy's publications, please click here.