Miss Adair's clinical interest's include Liver Transplantation and Hepatopancreaticobiliary Surgery.
Appointments and Activities
Miss Adair was appointed as Consultant Surgeon in January 2012.
After graduating from University College London Medical School Miss Adair completed her basic surgical training in London and her higher surgical training in South East Scotland based primarily in Edinburgh. She undertook post graduate research at the Queens Medical Research Institute, Edinburgh and completed her formal training with a clinical fellowship in the Liver Unit at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK.
She was awarded the Moynihan Travelling Fellowship from the Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ASGBI) 2015. Visiting Asan Medial Centre Seoul South Korea. Live donor Liver transplantation and complex liver resections.
- Clinical Lead Scottish HPB Cancer Network (SHPBN) 2018 - present
- British Transplant Society (BTS) Council. Liver Transplant Representative, 2021 - present
- Liver Advisory Group (LAG) Core Group Member, 2019 - present
- HCC-UK Committee, Surgical Representative, 2019 - present
- IHPBA development committee, 2019 - present
- British Liver Trust Clinical Advisory Board, 2020 - present
- Pancreatic cancer UK Clinical Advisory group, 2020 - present
- National Liver Clinical lead for Organ Utilisation with NHSBT
Miss Adair’s Educational Qualifications are:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) University of London
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS) England
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) University of Edinburgh
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS Gen Surg) England