Clinical Director and Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Honorary Clinical Reader in Vascular Surgery.
- NHS Clinical Secretary: 0131 242 1059
- Email: email@example.com
Mr Tambyraja’s clinical interests lie in the management of diseases of the circulation. He has a particular interest in the application of endovascular and minimally invasive techniques.
Appointments and Activities
- Basic Surgical Training – South East Scotland Training Programme, 2000-2002
- Lecturer in Clinical Surgery – University of Edinburgh, 2002-2004
- Higher Surgical Training – South East Scotland Training Programme, 2004-2011
- Honorary Clinical Tutor in Surgery – University of Edinburgh, 2005-2013
- Edward B Diethrich Travelling Fellow – Arizona Heart Institute, 2009
- British Society of Endovascular Therapy Training Fellow – Leicester Royal Infirmary, 2010-2011
- Consultant Vascular Surgeon & Honorary Senior Lecturer – Aberdeen Royal Infirmary & University of Aberdeen, 2012-2013
- International Scholar - Society for Vascular Surgery (USA), 2013
- Quality Improvement Fellow - NHS Education Scotland, 2015-2016
- International Surgical Education Scholar - American College of Surgeons, 2017
Mr Tambyraja returned to the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh as a Consultant Vascular Surgeon in 2013. He has been the Clinical Director for Vascular Surgery in Edinburgh since 2017. He has an active role in teaching and training and has been the Programme Director for the University of Edinburgh ChM in Vascular & Endovascular Surgery since 2015. He sits on the UK Specialty Advisory Committee for Vascular Surgery and is an examiner for the Intercollegiate MRCS and FRCS in General Surgery and Vascular Surgery. He maintains an active interest in clinical and human factors research, and sits on the Editorial Board of the World Journal of Surgery. He is an RCSEd Regional Surgical Adviser and sits on the Board of Governors of the American College of Surgeons.
- Bachelor of Medical Sciences (BMedSci Hons), University of Nottingham, 1996
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (BM, BS), University of Nottingham, 1998
- Doctor of Medicine (MD Distinction), University of Edinburgh, 2009
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons (FRCSEd), Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, 2009
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), 2018
- Fellow of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers (FFST), Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, 2020
- Member, Academy of Master Surgeon Educators, American College of Surgeons, 2022