Our overriding strategy is to provide excellence in surgical education, research and clinical training.
We will continue to evolve our existing educational programmes to meet students’ changing needs.
In addition to traditional teaching methods, we will maintain educational innovation, incorporating new approaches, such as distance-learning and internet-based educational resources.
We strive to provide an environment that promotes research excellence and effective collaboration. Our intention is to maintain an internationally competitive and diverse research programme that integrates basic, translational, and clinical investigation.
Our research objectives are to:
- improve understanding of surgically relevant disease
- translate novel scientific observations into clinically applicable treatments
- improve patient wellbeing
We endeavour to deliver a comprehensive programme of surgical training that:
- develops essential technical and non-technical skills
- promotes the principles and values of Good Medical Practice
- fosters medical professionalis