Careers and employment
Our award-winning Careers Service can help with your career choices, and offer practical advice about securing employment help with your career, offering impartial professional advice to help you fulfil your career ambitions.
We offer many opportunities for you to develop a broad range of skills, grow in confidence and learn more about yourself.
Our service offers advice, guidance and careers information for all students and our recent graduates.
Careers Service staff can also help you to work while you study or advise on volunteering opportunities.
The Careers Service were always really helpful. They started with my CV and talked me through how to improve it.
Our Careers Service has offices within the University’s Main Library at the heart of the Central Area campus and on our King’s Buildings campus.
We offer you:
- an online careers portal with vacancy advertisements for work available while you study and after graduation
- networking opportunities with employers, from top multinationals to local businesses
- a comprehensive website with information and advice to support your career development
- personalised guidance and help on job searches, applications and interviews
- opportunities to interact with and learn from business and industry professionals, including access to our worldwide alumni network
- bespoke UK and overseas internships
We will help you access and benefit from the wide range of development opportunities here at Edinburgh and build your unique set of graduate attributes.
The Edinburgh University Students’ Association also offers a comprehensive volunteering service.
Develop your employability
Tomorrow’s employers want more than a degree holder: they want graduates who have developed a range of skills and qualities appropriate for the working world.
Whether you are certain about your future career or are still unsure about what you might do after graduating, be reassured that employers value Edinburgh graduates for their intellectual ability and highly developed transferable skills.
We provide a supportive environment in which you can discover how to develop your skills and personal qualities, both within and outside of study.
*Times Higher Education, Global Employability University Ranking 2017