Discover your options for studying abroad.
International experiences give incredible opportunities and memories that last forever. They can also seriously improve your academic performance and career prospects.
We’re one of the world leaders in international student exchanges, offering more than 1,400 opportunities to study abroad across 300 different destinations. Exchanges are possible on most of our degrees and the exact options open to you depend on what you’re studying.
Who are we?
The Study and Work Away (SWAY) team manage the University’s international exchange activity. If you’re interested in taking part in an exchange they’ll help you navigate the process. In this short video, Rachael Martin, International Programmes Advisor, talks about the help and support on offer.
- Video: Study and Work Away - Who Are We video 2021
- Study and Work Away - Who Are We video on Media Hopper for the Offer Holder Hub
What opportunities are available?
From short international experiences lasing just 7 days to an overseas study exchange that could last a whole academic year, there is a huge range of options. In this short video, Lynsey Sneddon, International Programme Manager, outlines the opportunities.
- Video: Study and Work Away - What Opportunities Are Available video 2021
- Study and Work Away - What Opportunities Are Available video for the Offer Holder Hub
Benefits of International Opportunities
Taking part in an international experience can be one of the most rewarding things you do in your life. In this short video, Sophie Conway, Study Abroad Manager, outlines why overseas experiences are so valuable.
- Video: Study and Work Away - Benefits Of International Opportunities video 2021
- Study and Work Away - Benefits Of International Opportunities video for the Offer Holder Hub 2021
Find out more about our exchange programmes that let you pursue your studies and immerse yourself in new cultural experiences.