International Foundation Programme
Our foundation programme offers international students a route into an Edinburgh degree.
The International Foundation Programme in Arts, Humanities and Social Science provides an opportunity for talented students whose high school qualifications are not accepted for direct entry to an undergraduate degree, to access degree programmes within arts, humanities and the social sciences.
The programme comprises a combination of intensive academic work, English language tuition and study skills tuition.
Successful completion of the programme with good grades guarantees progression to many of the College’s prestigious four-year honours programmes.
For students who complete the foundation programme but choose not to study for a degree at Edinburgh, the University will provide support with the process of applying to other UK universities.
Why choose the Edinburgh Foundation Programme?
- You will be a matriculated student of the University of Edinburgh, a prestigious world leader in higher education;
- You will receive high-quality English language tuition from the University's English Language Education centre, one of the largest university centres for language teaching in the UK;
- You will enjoy special study skills tuition in small group sessions;
- You are guaranteed accommodation in the University’s comfortable individual study bedrooms for at least the first year of study;
- Academic courses are taught by University staff on University premises;
- Edinburgh is one of the most vibrant cities in Europe, regularly voted as one of the most desirable places to live in the world