English language general entry requirements
You will be asked to demonstrate a level of English language competency, regardless of your nationality or country of residence.
English language requirements vary according to the degree programme you apply for.
Unless a higher level is specified in the published entry requirements, you will need a pass in English at the following grades or higher:
- National 5 Grade C
- SQA Standard Grade 3
- SQA Intermediate 1 Grade A
- SQA Intermediate 2 Grade C
- GCSE/IGCSE Grade C / Grade 4
- Level 2 Certificate Grade C
- IB Standard Level Grade 5 (English ab initio is not accepted for entry)
We also accept a wide range of international English qualifications and English language tests. You can find a full list in our English language entry requirements information for international students.