Subject area: Sustainability
Why choose Sustainability at the University of Edinburgh?
We are in the top 20 universities in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2021.
The University has an outstanding record of world-leading research and teaching in a wide range of approaches to sustainability from across the natural and social sciences.
In the UK, we are ranked 4th for Natural Sciences, 6th for Environmental Studies and Earth & Marine Sciences, and 7th for Geography in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021.
Many of our sustainability degrees include the opportunity for fieldwork.
You can engage with sustainability issues from a variety of disciplinary perspectives – natural science, social science or a combination of the two which allows you to choose the programme most relevant for you.
Are you passionate about the planet?
Do you want to tackle the climate crisis, find solutions that futureproof societies and the planet, and build a sustainable future for us all?
Our world faces numerous challenges including:
- global climate change
- depleting natural resources
- a growing global population
Here at the University of Edinburgh, we have a range of degree programmes designed to enable you to take on the global challenges of today for a better tomorrow.
Through studying how we use natural, social and economic resources to meet our needs today without compromising the needs of future generations, you will join the next generation of climate innovators and leaders who will embrace sustainability practice and build a sustainable future for all.
Our University community is making its mark upon the world through research, innovation, ideas and actions. By learning with us you too can play your part in our transition to a more sustainable society.
Search the degree finder
Find your degree
1 degree in Sustainability
You may also be interested in
- Biological Sciences (Ecology) (BSc) C180
- Business with Enterprise and Innovation (MA) N1N2
- Ecological and Environmental Sciences (BSc) CF17
- Ecological and Environmental Sciences with Management (BSc) CN12
- Economics with Environmental Studies (MA) L1F9
- Environmental Geoscience (BSc) F630
- Geography (MA) L700
- Geography (BSc) F800
- Geology (BSc) F600
- Geology (MEarthSci) F640
- Geology and Physical Geography (MEarthSci) FF6V
- Geology and Physical Geography (BSc) FF68
- Geophysics (BSc) F660
- Geophysics (MEarthPhys) M7G6
- Geophysics and Geology (BSc) F690
- Geophysics and Geology (MEarthPhys) L3R7
- Geophysics and Geology with Professional Placement (MEarthPhys) L5T6
- Geophysics and Meteorology (BSc) FFP8
- Geophysics and Meteorology (MEarthPhys) K7T8
- Geophysics and Meteorology with Professional Placement (MEarthPhys) K8T9
- Geophysics with Professional Placement (MEarthPhys) U9H6
- Health in Social Science (MA) 2D50