Science Insights is a project for secondary school students who are interested in studying biological sciences at university.
You will spend one week during your summer between S5 and S6 at the University of Edinburgh’s campuses. You’ll take part in a programme of activities that will give you a real insight into research and work in biological sciences.
- Shadowing researchers in the lab
- Tours of a range of scientific facilities
- Presentations and discussions on a range of topics, including ethics in research, the use of animals in research and various
- careers paths
- Opportunities to meet current University of Edinburgh students
- Skills session to help with future university applications
Between 40-50 school students usually take part in this project, so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to meet new people and make friends.
For more information, go to the Science Insights website: