2022 entry

Undergraduate enquiries - 2022 entry

Have a question about undergraduate study in the 2022-2023 academic year? Fill out this form to help us route your enquiry to the correct department.

  1. Start (current step)
  2. Details
  3. Complete

Applying for accommodation

You are guaranteed accommodation if you meet certain requirements.

Check the requirements to be guaranteed accommodation

How to apply for accommodation

Fill in our appeals notification form

If you plan to appeal your grades, it is important that you let us know as soon as possible.

If you are a Conditional Firm or Conditional Insurance offer holder, do not contact us through this form. Instead, fill in our appeals notification form which asks for all the information we’ll need to know about your appeal.

 Appeals notification form

We can consider a request to change your degree, but there is no guarantee we will be able to make the change. It will depend on whether there is any space available, and whether you meet the entry requirements.

Select 'I still need help' to contact us through this form, telling us both:

  • the degree you would like to change to
  • the degree you currently have an offer for

Clearing is closed at Edinburgh for all applicants.

If you are looking to take up a place through Clearing at another University, we recommend finding a vacancy first and then releasing yourself into Clearing.  


If you have met the conditions of your offer, your place will be confirmed automatically and you do not need to contact us to confirm your grades.

Check your status

You can check the status of your application through the UCAS Hub.


New students

Check out our comprehensive guide to getting started as a new student.

New students 

Want to go to your insurance choice? 

Do not release yourself into Clearing as this will make you lose your insurance choice. 


If your offer at Edinburgh has been confirmed: 

First speak to your insurance choice to see if they still have a place for you. Once this has been confirmed, follow their instructions for next steps. You do not need to tell us that you are going to speak to your insurance choice.


If you are still waiting for our decision: 

If you meet the conditions of your offer at your insurance choice and would like to go there instead, select ‘I still need help’ to tell us through this form. If you have not met the conditions of your Edinburgh offer we will make your application unsuccessful, which automatically gives you your place at your insurance choice.


Want to release yourself into Clearing? 

If you want to look for a new place in Clearing at another university which is not your firm or insurance choice, we recommend you have your offer in writing from the other university before declining your offer with us. 

You can release yourself from your offer by clicking on the 'Decline my place' button on your application in UCAS Hub and following the instructions. 


We may be able to consider some deferrals to start your studies in 2023-2024. Select ‘I still need help’ to contact us through this form to let us know your degree programme details.

If you have not met the conditions of your offer, and we have been unable to confirm your place, you will find information on the UCAS Hub about your options. This may be information about an insurance place (if applicable) or about Clearing options.


You need a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number to apply for a visa. You can request a CAS as soon as you have accepted an unconditional offer.

Learn how to request a CAS