Remote Learning: uCreate
Some need-to-know information and instructions, before you begin one of our uCreate Courses.
Participants must use their own computer with at least the following hardware requirements:
- OS: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista (64 bit) OR Linux (see below). 3D Zephyr will not run on Mac unless Microsoft Windows is installed using bootcamp.
- Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
- Memory: 16GB System RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 10GB free HDD Space
- Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant NVIDIA video card with at least 1GB of RAM
To find the specifications of your computer follow these instructions:
- For the Central Processing Unit (CPU), type 'RAM' in the windows search bar in the bottom left corner, press Return and RAM will be listed here.
- For the graphics card go to Settings -> System -> Display and scroll down and click on ‘Advanced Display settings’.
- For the screen resolution go to Settings -> System -> Display. The Display Resolution can be viewed under ‘Scale and Layout’.
3D Zephyr can be run under linux using Wine.
For instructions on how to install Wine and 3D Zephyr on linux please follow the link below:
How to install Wine and 3D Zephyr on linux
To access the information regarding your computer specifications please use the following instructions:
- For Central Processing Unit (CPU) speed, open a bash terminal (Ctr + t) and type lspcu
- Your computer is 64 bit if the ‘Architecture’ heading is x86_64
- Your CPU speed is found next to the ‘CPU max MHz’ heading.
To find the amount of RAM type in a terminal:
- lshw –short –C memory
- The total amount of RAM is listed as ‘System Memory’
For your graphics specifications type in a terminal:
- glxinfo –B | less
- The amount of RAM your graphics card has is shown next to ‘Total available memory’ and is given in megabytes. Divide by 1000 to get Gb.
Before the course begins...
Please complete the following steps before the designated workshop time:
- Download and install the 3DF Zephyr free application.
- Download sample image Files (provided following booking).
- Download and install the Discord application on your computer:
- Create a Discord account by following the instructions on the Discord website.
- Join the uCreate Discord Server:
Join uCreate Discord Server here
- Be available in the voice channel "Workshop Waiting Room" at least 5 minutes before the workshop begins.