Registering for Credit Study
If you intend to study a short course for credit, or wish to opt out of submitting assessment, please read the following information.
When you register for a COL credit course, you will automatically be registered to study for credit on the University systems. As part of this, you will be required to fully complete the Matriculation process and complete the required course assessment. As a credit student, you will have access to the Main Library, the University’s online learning environment, Learn, and receive a student card.
Opting Out of Assessment
- Even if you are enrolled on a credit-bearing course, you do not have to submit work for assessment at the end of term.
- If you do not intend to submit work for assessment, please complete the Opt Out Form below, email it to email@example.com and we will amend our records accordingly. You can also complete this form in-person at our Reception.
- Please be aware that you will still be required to fully complete the Matriculation process even if you decide to opt out of assessment submission at a later stage.
- You will need to complete the opt out process for each course you choose to opt out from, including any future courses you may take.
- If enrolled on the Certificate of Higher Education programme, please contact your Personal Tutor to discuss opting out of assessments.
Studying for Credit Guide, Rules and Regulations and Terms and Conditions
For details of Credit Study, Rules and Regulations and Terms and Conditions at the Centre for Open Learning, please see the following documents: