How to enrol
You can enrol and pay course fees online or in person.
*Please note, minimum age for enrolment is 16 years.*
You can explore courses available by subject area on our website, find further course information and book your place online.
Please note: Online booking will apply concessions for matriculated students and University of Edinburgh staff.
For other concessions or financial support, application must be made directly with The Centre for Open Learning. See Help with fees for more information:
You can enrol in person at The Centre for Open Learning Reception during office hours (9.15am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday).
In order to enrol by post, please download and complete our booking form:
Please return this form to the Centre for Open Learning, including your cheque towards registration fees.
Your class receipt and a course information sheet will be forwarded to you.
- All payments must be made in GBP.
- Cheques must be made payable to 'The University of Edinburgh'
- Payment by credit or debit card may be made online or in person.
Course fees must be paid in full before you attend a course.
Please note that all Short Courses require a minimum number of enrolments. Normally classes which do not reach this will be cancelled no later than 10 days day before they are due to start.
For progressional courses (example: Level 1, Level 2, etc.), we cannot currently provisionally hold or guarantee places for students who wish to continue moving to the next level. We therefore advise booking multiple courses or booking as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Transfers and Refunds
If the Centre for Open Learning have to cancel a course, our Registration team will make contact with all those currently enrolled. You then have two options:
- You may transfer to a different course, provided there are places available*.
- You are entitled to a full refund.
* If the cost of the course you have transfered to is less than your original payment, you will be refunded the remainder. If the new course costs are greater, you will be asked to arrange payment accordingly.
Disclaimer: The University of Edinburgh Centre for Open Learning cannot be held liable for loss of transportation or accommodation costs where courses are cancelled by the department. In these events, we will do our best to assist you with a transfer to another course or refund your course fees.