On campus Open Day
Find out what to expect from our on campus Postgraduate Open Day and presentations from the 2018 Open Day.
Every November we host a Postgraduate Open Day on campus. For those of you who are new to Edinburgh, the Postgraduate Open Day is an opportunity to find out more about the University, get a feel for our vibrant postgraduate community and meet staff and current students.
For our existing students, it will provide the chance to explore opportunities for further study and research at postgraduate level.
Typical Open Day programme
Our Postgraduate Open Day usually includes events and activities such as:
- talks addressing the key themes of how to make an effective application, funding and employability;
- seminars about interdisciplinary study, and life as an international student;
- an Information Fair featuring stalls from our student support services;
- subject-specific activities run by our academic Schools;
- tours of our facilities;
- panel discussions where you can ask questions of our staff and current students; and
- an informal evening reception, giving you the opportunity to mingle with staff and students
Yesterday's Open Day was extremely useful for me: it was an opportunity to make up my mind and the University really made sure that we had all the information and support we needed. I would definitely recommend coming to one of this events to any other prospective students. Thank you for everything!
2018 Open Day presentations
To view useful resources and presentations from our last Postgraduate Open Day held on 14 November 2018, please see the link below: