A few virtual events may be hosted through Zoom. Zoom is a cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars.
You will need:
- Your link to the session.
- For large scale events (PG Virtual Open Days, mini Open Days, Online Learner Open Days) this link will be available through your timeline on EventsAir but for some events can be found on your booking confirmation or event reminder emails. You will not need to download Zoom software to your device as the link will open in your browser (you may wish to right click to open the link in a new browser tab)
- For smaller events hosted solely on Zoom the organisers will send you the Zoom link. You may wish to download Zoom software to your device.
Check your setup and get to know Zoom
Test your microphone, camera and preferences etc, plus get a feel for the Zoom interface. Please note these links will take you to external website from Zoom.
Getting started with Zoom meetings (Video tutorial)
Joining the session
- Join through your event link. As noted above, for large scale events this will be via your timeline on EventsAir but for some events can be through your booking confirmation or event reminder emails.
- Enter a name (this doesn’t have to be your actual name if you do not want it disclosed in the chat or session recordings) to access the session. We ask for this so we can see who is taking part in-session, and direct answers to questions to the right person.
During the session
During the session, staff from the School or department will be on hand to answer any questions you might have. Please follow their lead for etiquette.