mini Open Days
Our mini Open Days are hosted frequently throughout the year, providing you a virtual introduction to postgraduate study at Edinburgh.
These events are ideal for anyone considering on-campus or online postgraduate study. Our sessions are all hosted virtually, allowing you to access them from wherever you are in the world!
Next event: 28 April 2021
Join us virtually on 28 April 2021 for a day of sessions looking at almost every aspect of becoming a postgraduate student at Edinburgh. We look forward to speaking with you!
All sessions are booked individually, so you can pick and choose those that are of interest.
All times given are BST (British Summer Time).
- 08:00 - 09:00 - Introduction to the Virtual Visit
- 09:00 - 10:00 - How to make an effective Postgraduate Application
- 10:30 - 11:30 - Introduction to Postgraduate Accommodation
- 11:00 - 12:00 - Medicine & Vet Medicine: Postgraduate Admissions Questions & Answers
- 12:00 - 13:00 - Choosing a Research Degree (what you need to consider and guidance on making the right choice)
- 12:30 - 13:30 - How to get active at Edinburgh
- 14:00 - 15:00 - Science and Engineering Admissions: Postgraduate Taught Programmes Questions & Answers
- 15:00 - 16:00 - 'Ask our Postgraduate Students' panel (current Masters and PhD students share their experiences and answer your questions)
- 16:00 - 17:00 - Introduction to Postgraduate Student Life
- 16:00 - 17:00 - Top 5 reasons to study an online masters
- 17:00 - 18:00 - Introduction to the Virtual Visit (Repeat of morning session)
The Moray House School of Education & Sport are also hosting live sessions for some of their programmes during the day so you can register for these too if you are interested.
- 10:00 - 11:00 - Introduction to Physical Activity for Health (MSc/PgDip/PgCert)
- 12:00 - 13:00 - Introduction to Dance Science and Education with TQs
- 12:00 - 13:00 - Introduction to Language and Intercultural Communication
- 12:00 - 13:00 - Introduction to PGDE Secondary: Modern Languages
- 14:00 - 15:00 - Introduction to PGDE Secondary: Design and Technology
- 14:00 - 15:00 - Introduction to Inclusive Education (MSc/PgDip/PgCert))
- 15:00 - 16:00 - Introduction to Transformative Learning and Teaching
- 16:00 - 17:00 - Introduction to PGDE Secondary STEM (Chemistry, Maths, Physics)
In addition to the live sessions there will be exhibition booths for Academic Schools and Student Support Services where you can watch videos and download PDFs of academic programme information.
Join us on 28 April 2021
Join us virtually on 28 April 2021 for a day of sessions looking at almost every aspect of postgraduate study at Edinburgh.
Submit your details and pick your sessions via our booking form.
Before booking your place, please read our privacy statement about how we will use your personal data when you have booked for an event.