mini Open Days
Our mini Open Days are hosted frequently throughout the year, providing you a virtual introduction to postgraduate study at Edinburgh.
These events are ideal for anyone considering on-campus or online postgraduate study. Our sessions are all hosted virtually, allowing you to access them from wherever you are in the world!
Next event: 15 December 2021
We invite you to virtually join us for a day of sessions looking at almost every aspect of becoming a postgraduate student at Edinburgh. We look forward to speaking with you!
Registration will open in mid-November!
We encourage you to attend our larger PG Virtual Open Days on 9-11 November! These sessions will include
Before booking your place, please read our privacy statement about how we will use your personal data when you have booked for an event.
All sessions are booked individually, so you can pick and choose those that are of interest.
All times given are BST (British Summer Time).
- 08:00 - 09:00 - Introduction to the Virtual Visit (pre-recorded) - demonstrating how to use the Virtual Visit application, live Q&A
- 09:30 -11:00 - How to make an effective Postgraduate Application
- 11:00 - 12:00 - Choosing a Research Degree
- 11:00 - 12:00 - College of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine Postgraduate Admissions text chat Q&A.
- 12:00 - 12:30 - How to get active at Edinburgh (led by our Centre for Sport & Exercise)
- 12:00 - 13:30 - Introduction to the University of Edinburgh (this is a regularly hosted introduction to Edinburgh, our degree structure, and student life for those interested in both postgraduate programmes and undergraduate programmes)
- 13:00 - 14:00 - Postgraduate Accommodation
- 13:00 - 14:00 - Top 5 reasons to study an online masters at Edinburgh
- 14:00 - 15:00 - Introduction to Postgraduate Student Life (Edinburgh University Students' Association)
- Pre-recorded video that you can watch at any time between 09:00-17:00 - Supporting students who use British Sign Language
In addition to the live sessions you can visit the exhibition booths for Academic Schools and Student Support Services where you can watch videos and download PDFs of academic programme information.