Postgraduate study

Certified translations

You will be asked to provide transcripts of your academic record to support your application.

Transcripts should provide full details of the degree class and grades you received in each unit or module.

If these documents are not in English they should be accompanied by a formal certified translation into English provided either by:

  • the awarding institution
  • a sworn translator (this would be a translator sworn before a court in a non-UK jurisdiction)
  • a Fellow (FITI) or Member (MITI) of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI), who may self-certify the translation

Find a list of Fellows and Members of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting:

If the translation is not provided by the awarding institution we will also ask you to provide:

  • confirmation from the translator or translation company that it is an accurate translation of the original document
  • the date of the translation
  • the full name and signature of the translator or of an authorised official of the translation company
  • the translator or translation company's contact details