Returning to study
This course will help refresh your core study skills, remind you how to find the support you need in the University, and offer advice on practical issues such as internships and finding accommodation.
You will use key digital study skills and tools, learn how to find the support you need, and find practical information.
We will provide useful resources to support both your personal and academic development. You will also be encouraged to keep a reflective blog throughout the course, helping you to learn about digital safety and using digital collaboration tools.
The course covers four key topics:
- Welcome back to the University
- Study skills and tools
- Practical information
What you will learn
After completing the course you will be able to:
- know where to find workshops, advice and resources on core study skills
- access practical information on a range of topics such as finding accommodation; internships; and visa advice
- identify our various support teams, and how they can help you with your studies
- use discussion boards, online collaboration tools, and blogs confidently
Access the course
The course will be available for 6 weeks with discussion boards from September 2021, and will remain as a static resource after that. We encourage you to revisit the course materials throughout your studies, and use them to support your academic development.
This is an online self-paced Learn course.
To enrol, please follow these steps:
- Visit the Learn virtual learning platform.
- Log in using your University Username (UUN) and password.
- Click on Self-Enrol at the top right-hand side.
- Find the course in the Self-Enrol courses listed on the left of the screen.
- Click 'enrol'.
- Click Submit followed by OK. You should now be able to view the course.
- If you want to return to the course at a later date, it will appear in the 'My Courses' section on the 'My Learn' tab.