New Students

Fund your studies

Finance your studies with scholarships and funding opportunities.


You may be eligible for a bursary, scholarships and other funding opportunity. It is worth checking the Scholarship search tool when applying and getting ready to start University. 

University scholarships search tool 

Undergraduate funding

There is a range of funding specifically for undergraduate students available through the University. 

Funding options for Undergraduate UK/EU students

Funding options for Undergraduate International students 

Postgraduate funding

For postgraduates, although there may be funding available through the University for your degree, you can also access financial support from a range of sources. 

Funding options for Postgraduate UK/EU students

Funding options for Postgraduate International students

Student loans

There is information on the new Student Information Scotland website about student finance in Scotland for SAAS-funded students to help support you in making informed decisions and access up to date information in relation to Covid-19.

Student Information Scotland website

If you are eligible for a student loan, SAAS or your local student finance body will send the information needed to the Student Loans Company (SLC).

SAAS-funded students are paid monthly. You will be sent a payment schedule letter telling you the date and amount of each instalment.

Working part-time

Working while studying is a great way to earn a little extra money, take time out of University to meet others and learn new skills. However, it is important that you only take on work that will not interfere with your academic priorities. 

Advice about combining part-time work and study

It may be challenging to find part-time work, especially for a short period of time. The Careers Service regularly advertise hundreds of part-time jobs throughout the year.

Find jobs on MyCareerHub

International students

Most international students who are studying in the UK for a year or more are eligible to work part-time. You may have restrictions on how much work you can do; you should check your visa to see what your individual situation is.

The  Student Immigration Service offers clear and detailed advice on working during your studies.

This includes information about:

  • the type of work Tier 4 visa holders are allowed to do, and not allowed to do
  • the number of hours Tier 4 visa holders can work

Immigration advice and working in the UK during studies