Preparing for study
This course will provide you with guidance on the key study and digital skills needed for learning at University, advice on how to find the support you need, and it will help you to be a good digital citizen.
You will use key digital study skills and tools, learn how to find the support you need, and discover how to be a good digital citizen.
We will provide useful resources to support both your personal and academic development. You will also be encouraged to keep a reflective blog throughout the course, helping you to learn about digital safety and using digital collaboration tools.
The course covers five key topics:
- first steps
- study skills and tools
- plans and goals
- support and wellbeing
- digital safety and citizenship
What you will learn
After completing the course you will be able to:
identify our various support teams, and how they can help you with your studies
describe what hybrid learning is, and understand how it differs from on-campus learning
explain the importance of digital safety, how to protect yourself online, and how to be a good digital citizen
use discussion boards, online collaboration tools, and blogs confidently
access our wellbeing support services
Access the course
The course will be available for 6 weeks with discussion boards from 30th August 2021 and will remain as a static resource after that. We encourage you to revisit the course materials throughout your studies and use them to support your academic development.
To enrol, please follow these steps:
- Visit the Learn virtual learning platform.
- Log in using your University Username (UUN) and password.
- Click on Self-Enrol at the top right-hand side.
- Find the course in the Self-Enrol courses listed on the left of the screen.
- Click 'enrol'.
- Click Submit followed by OK. You should now be able to view the course.
- If you want to return to the course at a later date, it will appear in the 'My Courses' section on the 'My Learn' tab.