LibSmart: your library research starts here
This course will provide the digital skills needed to use our library resources for study and research.
You will practice core information literacy skills and learn how to find the library support you need, whatever your hybrid model.
We use a digital-first approach to provide you with key information management skills needed for hybrid learning. You will learn how to access, explore, evaluate and reference various library resources. You will also explore your own subject pathway and information landscape.
The course covers five key topics:
starting to use the library
your information landscape
finding and retrieval
referencing and avoiding plagiarism
What you will learn
After completing the course you will be able to:
use key library resources appropriate to your discipline
find academic material to support essays and reports
manage the information you find and avoid information overload
use library tools to develop good academic practice with citation and referencing
Access the course
The course will be available as a static resource. We encourage you to revisit the course materials throughout your studies and use them to support your academic development.
This is an online self-paced Learn course. To enrol, please follow these steps:
- Visit the Learn virtual learning platform.
- Log in using your University Username (UUN) and password.
- Click on Self-Enrol at the top right-hand side.
- Find the course in the Self-Enrol courses listed on the left of the screen.
- Click 'enrol'.
- Click Submit followed by OK. You should now be able to view the course.
- If you want to return to the course at a later date, it will appear in the 'My Courses' section on the 'My Learn' tab.