Welcome Back to Taught Postgraduates
This course is based on 'Support for Taught Postgraduates' and will remind you of the core skills needed for successful postgraduate study, and help you to review your progress towards your career goals
You will practise key academic skills and learn how to find the academic support you need, whatever your hybrid model.
We focus on career development and planning, as we know this is important for many of you. Whether you aim to go on to further study or employment beyond your degree, the course will help you to explore your options, set goals, and gain confidence in your career plans.
You will be encouraged to keep a reflective blog of your experiences, aims and expectations, and to consider your career options. You will also be provided with useful resources to support your career and academic development, and have the opportunity to participate in Q&A sessions.
The course covers three key topics:
- getting started
- developing your knowledge
- your plans and goals
It also includes further information on support and wellbeing, and digital safety and citizenship.
What you will learn
After completing the course you will be able to:
- set goals for what you want to achieve from postgraduate study
- identify your own expectations and those of the University
- explore career options for taught postgraduates
- access our support services
- use discussion boards, online collaboration tools, and blogs confidently
Access the course
The course will be available as a static resource. We encourage you to revisit the course materials throughout your studies, and use them to support your academic development.
This is an online self-paced Learn course. Please note links will be live from Monday 4th January 2020.
To enrol, please follow these steps:
- Visit the Learn virtual learning platform.
- Log in using your University Username (UUN) and password.
- Click on Self-Enrol at the top right-hand side.
- Find the course in the Self-Enrol courses listed on the left of the screen.
- Click 'enrol'.
- Click Submit followed by OK. You should now be able to view the course.
- If you want to return to the course at a later date, it will appear in the 'My Courses' section on the 'My Learn' tab.