New Students

Health and Support Information

Information about accessing NHS healthcare as a student, arrange learning adjustments if you have a disability, and find out how the University can support your health and wellbeing.

Private health insurance

Health insurance form & stethoscope
Private insurance is an option for short term or visiting students who feel like they would like more medical support.

Your student wellbeing services

dandelion blowing in the wing
Useful information and services to help you maintain your wellbeing.

Report and Support 

Report and Support is a platform for reporting distressing situations related to sexual violence, harassment, domestic abuse, stalking and more.

Report - Report + Support - The University of Edinburgh

Emergency services: call 999

For emergency services, including police, fire brigade and ambulance, call 999.

Emergency services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Emergency Departments (Accident & Emergency)

NHS 24: Call 111

NHS 24 provides health information and self care advice.

If you need to speak to a doctor outside opening hours (non-emergency) you can contact NHS 24 by calling 111.

NHS 24 online advice

Student Health | NHS inform