Making special circumstance outcome decisions from the Progression & Awards screen
Information on how to view and make special circumstance outcome decisions from the Progression & Awards screen
As part of the preparation for a programme board you may need to make outcome decisions for special circumstances that could impact a progression calculation for a student.
Outcome decisions are made in the Process Course Results (PCR) screen which can now be accessed from the Progressions & Awards screen in the Assessment and Progression Tool (APT).
This allows you to view and make outcome decisions as part of a progression calculation.
Links to the guidance on how to make outcome decisions at assessment and course level are included below.
Preparing for an outcome decision
- From the Assessment and Progression tool (APT) open the Progression & Awards screen.
- Enter the programme code, academic year and programme year for the list of students you want to view.
- Select the Only show students with Special Circumstances checkbox
- Select the student record you want to view
- Select Edit
- Select the SC Outcomes tab to view the status of any SC outcomes or to apply an outcome
From this screen you can view:
- The current status of the outcome decision (e.g. Awaiting a recommendation or final outcome) – See below for more information on different outcome stages.
- A link to apply an outcome or view the recommended or final outcome decision
- To view any outcomes that have already been made or to make an outcome decision click the Action link.
Making or viewing an outcome decision
This will open the Process Course Results (PCR) page in the Assessment Hub where you can view or make outcome decisions and apply them.
You can also use the case link to open the case(s) in the Assessment Support tool to review the information the student has submitted in support of their special circumstance application.
Note: Only users who have been given access to the Assessment Support tool will be able to view case information.
Once you have reviewed the case information and are ready to make an outcome decision you can follow the guidance on applying outcome decisions at assessment level and course level in the PCR screen.
Decisions that have been made in the PCR screen will be reflected in the Progression & Awards screen.
Note: You will need to refresh the Progression & Awards page to see the update in outcome status.
Stages of an outcome decision
The SC Outcomes tab in the Progression & Awards screen will update to display and outcome decisions that have been made in the PCR screen.
There are three different stages to an outcome decision:
Before a decision has been made the status of an outcome action will display Awaiting recommendation.
The decision stage will be blank and the action status will display Provide recommendation.
After a recommendation has been made the status of an outcome action will display the recommended decision(s).
The decision stage will display Recommendation and the action status will display Provide outcome.
Final outcome applied
After a final decision has been made the status of an outcome action will display the final decision(s).
The decision stage will display Outcome and the action status will display View outcome.
Note: The final outcome decision(s) will not be displayed to the student until the course mark has been ratified and published.
Student view of outcome decision
Once a course mark has been ratified and published in the PCR screen a student will be able to view the final outcome decision in their application dashboard.