Student Systems

Amend study periods or offer alternate destinations

View guidance on amending an application study periods and offering alternative destinations for study.

If you wish to offer a student a place for a different study period from that which they applied for (e.g. if they applied for the full year but you wish to offer only Semester 1 or Semester 2), you must edit their application to the study period you wish to allocate. 

This is done via the ‘Mark application as approved’ link by clicking on the student’s name, scrolling down to the ‘Host University’ section, and selecting the desired ‘Period of study’ option from the drop-down menu.

Similarly, if you do not wish to, or cannot, offer an applicant any of their 3 choices, but wish to offer them a place at an alternative institution, you may edit their application and allocate them a place at another of your host institutions.

Image of mobility amend study periods screen

Reference links

Allocate places to students

Go Abroad team Student Exchanges

Edinburgh University - study abroad in Edinburgh

Help and support

For help and support using the 'Mobility Online' software, please contact us on the email details below, or on extension. 514000 if your query is urgent.

Student Systems

Contact details