Please read this page before completing the registration form to ensure that you are eligible to register for YourEd.
Please complete and submit the form to register if you fulfil one or more of the eligibility criteria listed below and are currently in S4, S5 or S6 in one of the following YourEd schools:
- Alva Academy
- Balwearie High School
- Deans Community High School
- Kirkcaldy High School
- Portobello High School
- Ross High School
- Selkirk High School
- St Augustine's RC High School
- St David's RC High School
- Wallace High School
Eligibility criteria (at least one must apply to you):
- live in a postcode area within the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation lowest 20% (SIMD20/Quintile 1/) or 40% (SIMD40/Quintile 2)*
- you are Care Experienced**; or
- you are a Young Carer***; or
- you are estranged from your family****; or
- you are a refugee or asylum seeker; or
- you are entitled to or are in receipt of Free School Meals (FSM); or
- you are entitled or are in receipt of Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA); or
- you are from a home where neither parent attended university in the UK or abroad; or
- if you have experienced adverse personal circumstances or barriers to engaging you’re your education we may still consider your application on a case by case basis
These are some of the contextual factors we consider when making widening access offers. You can find out more here.
If you are unsure if you are eligible, please contact us directly at YourEd@ed.ac.uk to discuss this.
Once we have processed your registration and confirmed your eligibility, we will send you a welcome email with more information. Please note that it can take up to 7 days for us to process your registration.
More information about some of our criteria
*Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation lowest 20% (SIMD20/Quintile 1/) or 40% (SIMD40/Quintile 2)
You can find your postcode category at http://simd.scot
Type your postcode into the ‘area finder’ box on the left, click ‘GO’, then hover over the bottom of the yellow marker that appears on the map.
If the ‘current data zone’ box on the right of the screen states ‘Quintile 1’ or ‘Quintile 2’ then you are eligible to register with the project.
If you are unsure of this or would like further clarification, please contact us and we can check for you!
** Care Experienced
We consider you to be "care-experienced" if you have been looked after by a UK local authority, at any time in your life. You can learn more about the different categories of care here.
By this, we mean a young person who cares, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support.
***Estranged from your family
Estranged students are usually without the financial or emotional support of their family due to a breakdown in the relationship.