Start (current step)
If you attend one of our 41 Access to the Professions target schools in Edinburgh, the Lothians, the Scottish Borders or Forth Valley and are interested in studying Law, Medicine or Veterinary Medicine please complete and submit the form below to register.
You can see a full list of our target schools - and our additional eligibility critera for those not attending one of our target schools - on the page below:
Who We Support
Tell us a little about yourself.
Tell us about your school and year.
If your school is not one of our target schools and does not appear on the drop-down list, please select that option from the list and a member of the team will contact you to confirm whether you are eligible to register.
**Note - this is the year group that you are just starting!**
Tell us about your current home address.
Please note that we always contact you via email about Access to the Professions activities, so a valid email address that you have regular access to is essential.
Areas of interest
Please tell use what area(s) you would like to study.
Please note: to sign up for Medicine or Vet Medicine you must be studying, or planning to study, at least five Highers in a single sitting in S5.
Please tell us about your current subjects and any attainment.
Please list all of the subjects / levels (eg. National 4, National 5, Higher, Advanced HIgher) you are currently studying.
List any exam results (eg. National 4/5, Higher, Advanced Higher) from S3/S4/S5 that you have already achieved (if any):
Are you eligible to receive Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA)?*
Are you a young carer? (by this we mean a young person who cares, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support)
Have you even spent time in local authority care? Please click on this link for more information about what we mean by this: https://www.ed.ac.uk/student-recruitment/widening-participation/projects/care-experienced
Has a parent/guardian attended university?
Access to the Professions data protection statement
By registering to join Access to the Professions you understand and accept the following terms and conditions with regards to the use of your data:
- Access to the Professions will retain the details you have submitted on their database, as well as any future correspondence and details of Access to the Professions events that you attend.
- Access to the Professions staff will use the personal contact details you have provided to contact you with information about the project and related events. External (non University of Edinburgh) workshop providers will only be provided with your contact details / emergency contact details for emergency purposes for the workshop(s) that they provide, in the absence of Access to the Professions staff.
- Your data will be retained for a maximum of seven years and may be used for the purposes of monitoring and tracking.
- Access to the Professions may liaise with other departments within the University of Edinburgh - and other universities that you may apply to, where appropriate - about any future application you make and may share details of Access to the Professions events you have attended.
- Your personal data will not be shared with anyone out with the University of Edinburgh (other than point 2 above), although your school will be made aware that you have registered with Access to the Professions and we may liaise with other universities that you apply to in order to confirm your participation in the project, where appropriate.
For full information on how we will use your personal data, please see our privacy statement at the link below:
By checking the box below, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our privacy statement