Pathways Medicine activities
The Pathways to the Professions project will work with you, your school and family to give you information on how you can apply for a Medicine degree.
Once registered for Pathways, you will receive invitations to attend a number of events.
Please note that for some activities, priority may be given to Pathways Plus students. Pathways Plus students are those students whose parents or carers have not previously attended university. (This means all attendance at university or teacher training, and degrees obtained from a polytechnic, but does not include vocational qualifications, HNC/HND, other FE courses or Art College).
The following activities are available to S4 students:
- Advice for you and your family on higher course choice
- Parents information evenings
The following activities are available to S5 students:
- Advice for you and your family on higher course choice.
- Career Exploration: autumn 'So You Want to be a Doctor?' careers event run in conjunction with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- Information about Career Exploration opportunities, including the week long Medic Insight programme in June of S5.
- Parents information evenings.
- Priority invitations to a range of lectures and events throughout the year.
- One to one advice and guidance once you know your standard grades results.
- Higher revision sessions in Biology and Chemistry.
- Eligible students from East Lothian, Midlothian and West Lothian will also receive early invitations to attend Kickstart Summer School.
The following activities are available to S6 students:
- Access to advice for you and your family on higher and advanced higher course choice
- Priority invitations to a range of lectures and events throughout the year
The following activities are available ONLY to Pathways Plus S6 students:
- One to one advice and guidance on UCAS application and personal statement, in conjunction with LEAPS
- Liaison with admissions officers regarding students UCAS application
- Opportunity to participate in a mentoring activity with current undergraduate students
- Information on Summer School opportunities
Once in first year of the University of Edinburgh, Pathways Plus students will be eligible for the student mentoring schemes.