Please read this page before completing the registration form to ensure that you are eligibile to register for ACES.
- are a new S4, S5 or S6 at a state secondary school in Edinburgh, the Lothians, the Scottish Borders, Falkirk, Stirling or Clackmannanshire, and are interested in studying Art, Design or Architecture
- AND you fulfil one or more of the eligibility criteria listed below
... please complete and submit the form to register.
- live in a postcode area within the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation lowest 20% (SIMD20/Quintile 1/) or 40% (SIMD40/Quintile 2)*
- care experienced
- young carer**
- refugee or asylum seeker
- entitled to Free School Meals
If you are unsure if you are eligible, please contact us directly on 0131 651 5585 to discuss this.
Once we have processed your registration and confirmed your eligiblity, we will send you a welcome email with further information about ACES. Please note that it can take up to 7 days for us to process your registration.
More information about some of our criteria
*Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation lowest 20% (SIMD20/Quintile 1/) or 40% (SIMD40/Quintile 2)
You can find your postcode category at http://simd.scot
Type your postcode into the ‘area finder’ box on the left, click ‘GO’, then hover over the bottom of the yellow marker that appears on the map.
If the ‘current data zone’ box on the right of the screen states ‘Quintile 1’ or ‘Quintile 2’ then you are eligible to register with the project.
If you are unsure of this or would like further clarification, please contact us and we can check for you!
By this, we mean a young person who cares, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support.
Please state the name of the school you attend.
Note that ACES at Edinburgh works with eligible* pupils ONLY in state secondary schools in the following local authority areas: Edinburgh, Midlothian, East Lothian, West Lothian, Scottish Borders, Falkirk, Stirling, Clackmannashire. If you attend a school in another area, please contact your local ACES provider (University of Dundee, Glasgow School of Art, Robert Gordon University).
*Our eligibility criteria is explained here: www.ed.ac.uk/student-recruitment/widening-participation/aces
ACES data protection statement
By registering to join ACES you understand and accept the following terms and conditions with regards to the use of your data:
- ACES will retain the details you have submitted on their database, as well as any future correspondence and details of ACES events that you attend.
- ACES staff will use the personal contact details you have provided to contact you with information about the project and related events. External (non University of Edinburgh) workshop providers will only be provided with your contact details / emergency contact details for emergency purposes for the workshop(s) that they provide, in the absence of ACES staff.
- Your data will be retained for a maximum of seven years and may be used for the purposes of monitoring and tracking.
- ACES may liaise with other departments within the University of Edinburgh - and other universities that you may apply to, where appropriate - about any future application you make and may share details of ACES events you have attended.
- Your personal data will not be shared with anyone out with the University of Edinburgh (other than point 2 above), although your school will be made aware that you have registered with ACES and we may liaise with other universities that you apply to in order to confirm your participation in the project, where appropriate.
For full information on how we will use your personal data, please also see our privacy statement at the link below:
By checking the box below, you agree to the ACES terms and conditions with regards to data use and protection.