The Student Recruitment and Admissions (SRA) team makes more than 100 visits per year to secondary schools and colleges.
The SRA team is regularly invited back by schools to speak to parents at subject choice and higher education evenings or to support students in the journey from school to university.
The team's focus is on providing realistic advice that enables students to make informed decisions about higher education.
They will be happy to speak in detail to you, your students and their parents about applying to the University and the excellent opportunities that studying with us creates.
The SRA team will be equally happy to provide impartial general advice and guidance on a wide range of higher education topics.
Presentation and workshops topics include:
- Studying at the University of Edinburgh
- Studying in Scotland
- Why go to higher education?
- Choosing a course and university
- Applying through UCAS and the personal statement
- Student life
- Student finance
- Making good use of Open Days
- Higher Education - the parents’ perspective
Arranging a visit
We receive a large number of requests for talks from schools and colleges in the local area. Certain times of year are very busy, so we recommend that you contact us as early as possible so that we can fit you into our schedule.
However, we are more than happy to travel throughout the UK to provide presentations. We may also be able to offer talks via a video link if we cannot visit in person.
If you would like us to visit your school or college please get in touch with Rachael Smithson at Student Recruitment and Admissions to discuss your requirements.
- The University of Edinburgh
- Work: +44 (0)131 650 4360
- Web: Enquiry form
- Web: Find Student Recruitment and Admissions on campus maps
- Web: University of Edinburgh Student Blogs
33 Buccleuch Place
- Post Code
- EH8 9JS