Lloyds Scholars Programme
Awards at Edinburgh from the Lloyds Banking Group.
A number of Lloyds Scholarships will be offered to students commencing an undergraduate degree at the University of Edinburgh in the 2018-2019 academic session.
Each scholarship, of up to four years, could be worth a total of £19,000 to the most successful scholars.
In addition, scholars will be offered up to two ten-week paid internships at Lloyds, one of which must be taken during the summer holiday before their final year, for which they will receive a pro-rata'd salary of approximately £18,000.
Each scholar will be assigned a mentor from the Lloyds Banking Group business’ senior management and a peer buddy who has gone through the company’s existing graduate scheme to help with CV and interview advice. Scholars will also have the chance to learn valuable transferable skills to help boost their employability through lectures, workshops and events run by Lloyds Banking Group.
Scholars will be required to take on 100 hours a year community volunteering work organised by their University in conjunction with Lloyds.
Lloyds Scholarships are offered to encourage and support young people from below average income families to study at the University of Edinburgh.
- be students entering the first year of their first undergraduate degree
- for students based in Scotland; Lloyds will require evidence in the form of a letter from SAAS that confirms the level of Funding package (bursaries and loans) you are receiving based on your household income.
- have a household income, as defined by the Student Loans Company, of below £25,000 (for SLC funded students who usually live in England, Wales or Northern Ireland)
- residual household income: Your residual household income is the gross income (before tax and national insurance deductions) minus certain allowable deductions. These can include pension payments and allowances for other dependent children. More information is available from your local authority / Student Finance England or equivalent assessing agency. Please note that before being accepted into the programme, Lloyds will require proof of income.
Applicants also should already have:
- applied through University and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS)
- been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh
- firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so
Accepting the University of Edinburgh as an insurance offer does not satisfy the conditions relating to this scholarship.
While these awards are open to students on any undergraduate degree programme, due to the nature of this scholarship which includes an internship and mentoring by Lloyds Banking Group, applicants intending to study medicine and veterinary medicine may not find this award of particular benefit.
Applications for 2018-2019 are now open and will close at 5pm on Friday 25th May 2018.