Highly Skilled Workforce Scholarships
A large number of Masters Scholarships are available for the 2018-2019 academic session at the University of Edinburgh.
Scholarships are available to UK nationals who are permanently domiciled in Scotland, as well as EU nationals (excluding UK nationals) domiciled in EU or Scotland but not elsewhere in UK, who have been accepted on an eligible full-time or part-time Masters degree programme.
The scholarships will cover the UK/EU tuition fee. The award of your scholarship will be automatically deducted from your tuition fee.
Scholarships are available to UK nationals who are permanently domiciled in Scotland, as well as EU nationals (excluding UK nationals) domiciled in the EU or Scotland but not elsewhere in UK. Applicants must be accepted on an eligible full-time or part-time Masters degree programme beginning in the 2018-2019 academic session. Scholarships cover the full UK/EU rate of fee for the duration of the programme.
Eligible programmes for 2018-2019 are still to be confirmed but as a guide the eligible programmes for 2017-2018 are listed below.
College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Banking and Risk
- MSc Carbon Finance
- MSc Learning for Sustainability
- MSc Management of Bioeconomy, Innovation and Governance
- MSc Outdoor Education
- MSc Outdoor Environmental and Sustainability Education
- MSc Science and Technology in Society
- MSc by Research Science and Technology Studies
College of Science and Engineering
- MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering
- MSc Biochemistry
- MSc Bioinformatics
- MSc Biotechnology
- MSc Carbon Capture and Storage
- MSc Carbon Management
- MSc Computational Mathematical Finance
- MSc Drug Discovery and Translation Biology
- MSc Ecosystem Services
- MSc Environmental Protection and Management
- MSc Financial Modelling and Optimization
- MSc Geographical Information Science
- MSc High Performance Computing
- MSc High Performance Computing with Data Science
- MSc Marine Systems and Policies
- MSc Mathematical Physics
- MSc Medicinal and Biological Chemistry
- MSc Next Generation Drug Discovery (including online distance learning)
- MSc Operational Research
- MSc Operational Research with Computational Optimization
- MSc Operational Research with Data Science
- MSc Operational Research with Risk
- MSc Statistics and Operational Research
- MSc Statistics with Data Science
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
- MSc Synthetic Biology and Biotechnology
- MSc Theoretical Physics
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the benefits to the student. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain the international equivalent of a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree at undergraduate level.
Information on how to apply will follow shortly.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application.