MSc Transformative Learning and Teaching Scholarship
The School is delighted to offer five scholarships to UK/EU applicants accepted onto the MSc Transformative Learning and Teaching in the 2019-2020 academic session
Through these scholarships, Moray House School of Education is acting positively to address issues of persistent under-representation in the Scottish teaching profession, particularly in the areas of ethnicity and gender.
In accordance with positive action provision under s158 of the Equality Act 2010, we are offering up to 5 scholarships of £5,000 per year. These scholarships are for people who will enter the Scottish teaching profession via the MSc Transformative Learning and Teaching route, and are targeted at:
- black and minority ethnic people wishing to go into teaching
- women into STEM areas
- men into primary/generalist teaching
Each award is worth £5,000 per year, paid as a stipend.
The scholarships are available to UK and EU students who have been accepted onto the MSc Transformative Learning and Teaching programme, commencing full time study in 2019-2020.
Applicants who have already commenced their programme of study by the closing date are not eligible for this scholarship.
These scholarships are competitive and successful candidates will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Academic ability (as evidenced in standard application and references)
- Suitability for the programme applied for in terms of previous study, life and work experience (standard application)
- Commitment to transformative education and practice within schools (as evidenced by the standard application AND the statement in the scholarship application form).
Applications for this scholarship are no longer being accepted for 2019-2020 as the 28th June deadline has now passed.
Programme directors will convene a selection committee to select the scholarship holders in July. All applicants will be notified of the outcome by the end of July 2019.