Moray House Masters Scholarships
Moray House School of Education and Sport is pleased to offer a number of scholarships covering part of the tuition fees for students commencing study on one of our Masters' degree programmes in September 2021. These will be based on merit and available to applicants for the majority of Moray House taught MSc courses.
Each award is worth £5,800 which will be paid directly towards tuition fees.
The scholarships are available for the majority of our taught Masters' degree programmes for students commencing study in September 2021.
Scholarships will be deducted from the tuition fees payable. Applicants who are fully sponsored by their employer or are in receipt of a full scholarship are not eligible for these scholarships. Applicants can only accept one scholarship from the University of Edinburgh Moray House School of Education and Sport.
Eligible programmes are:
- MSc Dance Science and Education
- MSc Education (including all specialist pathways)
- MSc Inclusive Education
- MSc Language and Intercultural Communication
- MSc Language Education
- MSc Outdoor Education
- MSc Outdoor Environmental and Sustainability Education
- MSc Performance Psychology
- MSc Physical Activity for Health
- MSc Sport Policy, Management and International Development
- MSc Strength and Conditioning
- MSc Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Applicants who have already commenced their programme of study are not eligible for this scholarship. Applicants intending to study part-time, or for Master’s by Research programmes are not eligible for this scholarship.
These scholarships will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit. Successful candidates will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Are able to demonstrate excellent academic performance.
- Are on track to obtain, or who have graduated with a minimum high 2.1 or 1st UK undergraduate degree or overseas equivalent.
- According to the information submitted in your application to study the degree, you have the potential to contribute to and enrich all aspects of the Master's programme.
No additional application process is required. The School will offer scholarships to offer holders based on their MSc application, taking into consideration academic qualifications and results as well as other achievements.
In order to be considered for the scholarship, we must have received your complete application by 7th May 2021, unless you are applying for a programme with staggered admissions, in which case the deadline is stated in the table below.
|MSc Outdoor Environmental and Sustainability Education||31 May|
|MSc Outdoor Education||31 May|
|MSc Education (including all specialist pathways)||9 June|
|MSc Sport Policy, Management and International Development||9 June|
|MSc Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)||16 June|
|MSc Language Education||16 June|
|MSc Language and Intercultural Communication||
Please note there may be separate application processes for other University of Edinburgh scholarships.
The School will communicate scholarship offers to individuals from July 23 for most programmes. For those programmes with staggered admissions, as listed above, the offers will be communicated by 10th August 2021.