Higher Education Commission of Pakistan and University of Edinburgh PhD Scholarships
Overseas Scholarships for PhD in Selected Phase-III (Batch I) Please note the below information only applies to shortlisted Pakistani nationals who were recently selected under either Category I or Category II Phase- III Scholarships.
The scholarships will cover the tuition fee rate at the Home/EU level cost with remaining tuition fee costs covered by the University of Edinburgh.
A partial stipend of £12,180 to contribute towards the scholar’s living costs, will also be provided by the HEC.
Please note that this stipend will not cover the scholar’s living costs in full and does not meet the level of financial support necessary to secure a UK visa. The scholar will therefore need to secure additional funding in order to be able to take up their studies at the University of Edinburgh. For further details of the requirements set out by UK Visas and Immigration, please see: https://www.ed.ac.uk/global/immigration/applying-for-visa/tier-4-visa-requirements
The scholarships will be available for PhD study across all three colleges of the University of Edinburgh, but will be dependent on the shortlist batch of candidates made by the HEC.
How to Apply
- University of Edinburgh are happy to support selected HEC candidates with their research proposals and interested applicants should contact the relevant school.
- Any shortlisted HEC candidate interested in applying to the University of Edinburgh for PhD research, must consult a supervisor in the first instance before submitting an application. Full details on how to find a PhD supervisor can be found here.
- All applications must be made online through our website only. Full details of how to apply are available online.*
- Information on our research areas and PhD projects offered are also available online.
- Those candidates successful in their application to the HEC can expect to be notified 3-4 months after the date of their application.
- Once a candidate has secured admission to the University of Edinburgh, The HEC will issue a Final Award Letter (PAL) – pending all requirements/documentation is complete.
- Please note your offer letter will not reflect the home rate tuition being covered. This rate will be automatically waived.
- After receiving the Final Award Letter, the HEC scholar is eligible to commence PhD studies in either September or February of any given academic year.
*Please note being selected as a Higher Education Commission Scholar will not have any influence/preference on your overall admission to the University.
For further information on the scholarships, please contact Edinburgh Global on: firstname.lastname@example.org (Marking the subject line: FAO Mr Harish Lokhun, Regional Manager – South Asia) or the HEC website itself - https://www.hec.gov.pk/english/scholarshipsgrants/OSSPhase-III/Pages/default.aspx