GREAT Scholarships 2021
This year, in partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, the University of Edinburgh will be offering twenty-one scholarships for students, across China, Egypt, South and South East Asia and Mexico, applying for an eligible one-year postgraduate taught Masters programme for the 2021-2022 academic session.
The GREAT Scholarships 2021 programme, launched by the British Council together with 41 UK universities, supports postgraduate students from Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Thailand to access world-class UK higher education opportunities
The scholarship programme offers financial support of a minimum of £10,000 to students pursuing one year postgraduate study in the UK. Students can apply for courses in a range of subjects, at the 41 institutions across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Each scholarship will award an amount of £10,000 which will be deducted from your tuition fees and will be tenable for one academic year.
At the University of Edinburgh, the Scholarships will be awarded to nationals and residents of China, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Thailand who are accepted for admission on a full-time basis for an eligible one-year taught on campus postgraduate Masters programme of study within the following schools:
- School of Biomedical Sciences – Chinese nationals only for the MScR Biomedical Sciences programme only
- School of Economics – Indian nationals only
- Edinburgh College of Art – Indian nationals only
- School of Law – Indian nationals only
- School Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences- Indian nationals only
- School of Physics – Nationals of India, Pakistan and Malaysia will be eligible for the following programmes only: MSc Theoretical Physics, MSc Mathematical Physics, and MSc Particle and Nuclear Physics
- School of Engineering – A total of 4 awards are available to eligible Indian nationals under the following programmes only: MSc in Advanced Chemical Engineering, MSc in Advanced Power Engineering, MSc in Structural and Fire Safety Engineering – Malaysian nationals can only apply under this programme Pakistan nationals would be eligible for the following programmes only: MSc in Sustainable Energy Systems, MSc in Electrical Power Engineering
- School of Mathematics – the following subjects would be eligible for nationals of India, Egypt, Indonesia, Malaysia and Mexico
- MSc Computational Applied Mathematics – Egyptian nationals can only apply under this programme
- MSc Operational Research
- MSc Operational Research with Computational Optimization
- MSc Operational Research with Data Science
- MSc Operational Research with Risk
- MSc Statistics with Data Science – Indonesian nationals can only apply under this programme
- Edinburgh Parallel and Computing Centre - MSc High Performance Computing with Data Science/MSc High Performance Computing - open to applicants from India, Pakistan, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
A total of twenty-four GREAT Scholarships will be awarded across nine countries, with the breakdown of awards per country as follows:
- A total of eight scholarships will be awarded to Indian nationals under eligible programmes
- A total of four scholarships will be awarded to Pakistan nationals under eligible programmes
- A total of four scholarships will be awarded to Sri Lankan and Nepalese nationals under eligible programmes
- A total of three scholarships will be awarded to Malay nationals under eligible programmes
- A total of two scholarships will be awarded to Chinese nationals under eligible programmes
- One scholarship will be awarded to Egyptian nationals under eligible programmes
- One scholarship will be awarded to Indonesian nationals under eligible programmes
- One scholarship will be awarded to Mexican nationals under eligible programmes.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, the overseas equivalent of a UK first-class honours degree.
Information on how to apply will follow shortly. Deadline Date 26 April 2021.
Successful candidates will be notified in June 2021.
For more information on the GREAT Scholarships 2021, please visit Study UK and the British Council website in your country.