The Glenmore Medical Postgraduate Scholarship
Two scholarships are available for postgraduate full-time one year on campus Masters study for eligible programmes offered by the University in the 2020-2021 academic session.
Each scholarship will cover full overseas tuition fees for eligible programmes, and will be tenable for one academic year.
The scholarships will be awarded to applicants who are accepted for admission on a full-time basis on one of the listed on campus eligible Human Medical programmes. The Glenmore Medical Postgraduate Scholarship would particularly welcome applications from students from Africa.
- MSc (by Research) Biomedical Sciences (Life Sciences)
- MSc (by Research) Cardiovascular Biology
- MSc Human Anatomy
- MSc (by Research) Integrative Neuroscience
- MMedSci (by Research) Medical Sciences
- MPH Public Health
- MSc (by Research) Reproductive Sciences
- MSc Science Communication and Public Engagement
- MSc (by Research) Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Repair
Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.
It is hoped that successful applicants, on completion of their studies, will continue to work in countries that will be benefit from their furthered medical education.
Applicants must be nationals of one of the following countries:
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Guinea Bissau
- Ivory Coast
- Lao People's Democratic Republic
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- South Sudan
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, the overseas equivalent of a UK first-class honours degree.
Information on how to apply will follow shortly. The closing date for applying is 29th May 2020.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome by the end of July 2020.