Moray House Country Scholarship
Moray House School of Education and Sport is pleased to offer five scholarships to study a Masters degree programme commencing in September 2022. These will be based on merit and available to applicants from the eligible countries.
Each award is worth £10,000 which will be paid directly towards tuition fees.
The scholarships are available for the majority of our taught Masters degree programmes for students commencing study in September 2022.
Scholarships will be deducted from the tuition fees payable. Applicants who are fully sponsored by their employer or are in receipt of a full scholarship are not eligible for these scholarships. Applicants can only accept one scholarship from the University of Edinburgh Moray House School of Education and Sport.
Students who are a national and resident of any of the following countries are eligible to apply for the scholarship. One scholarship will be awarded to one candidate from each of these five countries/regions:
- Middle East: One of the following countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, UAE, Yemen
- South East Asia: One of the following countries: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
Eligible Programmes are:
- MSc Comparative Education and International Development
- MSc Dance Science and Education
- MSc Education (including all specialist pathways)
- MSc Inclusive Education
- MSc Language and Intercultural Communication
- MSc Language Education
- MSc Outdoor Education
- MSc Outdoor Environmental and Sustainability Education
- MSc Performance Psychology
- MSc Physical Activity for Health
- MSc Sport Policy, Management and International Development
- MSc Strength and Conditioning
- MSc Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Applicants who have already commenced their programme of study are not eligible for this scholarship. Applicants intending to study part-time, or for Master’s by Research programmes are not eligible for this scholarship.
These scholarships will be awarded broadly based on academic merit. Successful candidates will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Are on track to obtain, or who have graduated with a minimum high 2.1 or 1st UK undergraduate degree or overseas equivalent. See international entry requirements here.
- Are an offer-holder (conditional or unconditional) for an eligible programme.
- Can demonstrate that you:
- Intend to engage with your study and/or use your qualification to facilitate one or more sustainable development goal.
- Intend to use your qualification to benefit society
- Intend to bring your knowledge and experience to positively influence the learning and experience of other members of a diverse student population.
Information on how to apply will follow shortly. Deadline Date 23 May 2022.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome by mid-July 2022.