Ukraine Masters Scholarship
The Business School will offer one scholarship to a Ukrainian national, who is normally domiciled in Ukraine, to cover the full tuition fee for one of our eligible Master’s programmes for entry 2022/23. This scholarship will support individuals who face barriers in accessing postgraduate study due to the current situation in Ukraine.
The scholarship will cover full tuition fees.
You can only apply for the scholarship once you have received an offer (conditional or unconditional) to join one of the eligible programmes and have either firmly accepted the offer or be intending to do so. You must also meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be a national of Ukraine
- You must have Overseas Fee Status
- Your normal country of domicile is Ukraine but have either recently had to seek refuge in a different country or cannot currently return to Ukraine
You will not be eligible for this scholarship if:
- You are fully sponsored by your employer
- You are already in receipt of a full scholarship
If the applicant is successful in being awarded a scholarship, but subsequently doesn’t meet the conditions of their offer for the programme or declines their offer of admission to the Master’s degree at the Business School, the scholarship will be withdrawn and awarded to another applicant. An award will be withdrawn if a student fails to meet the conditions set by the University. We appreciate that there may be challenges in meeting these conditions for applicants of this particular scholarship (for example limited access to English Language Test Centres) and thus encourage applicants to contact us to discuss options.
Eligible programmes include:
- Accounting & Finance MSc
- Banking & Risk MSc
- Business Analytics MSc
- Climate Change Finance & Investment MSc
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation MSc
- Finance MSc
- Global Strategy & Sustainability MSc
- Human Resource Management MSc
- International Human Resource Management MSc
- Management MSc
- Marketing MSc
- Marketing & Business Analysis MSc
Applications for the 2022-2023 academic session are no longer being accepted for this scholarship as the 20th June deadline has now passed.
If you wish to be considered for a scholarship, you should submit a scholarship application form as soon as possible after receipt of an offer of a place on our Master’s programme.
The scholarship will cover tuition fees only.
Scholarships will have to be accepted within a certain timeframe in order to secure your position on the Master’s programme and to secure the scholarship funding.
If you do not accept within the given timeframe then you will forfeit your scholarship offer. The Business School will then re-allocate this scholarship.
If you receive a scholarship, you will be expected to participate occasionally as an ambassador for the Business School during and after your programme.
A scholarship panel made up of a number of Student Support Staff will review all applications.
When reviewing your application we'll look at personal circumstances and motivation for studying the relevant Master’s programme with us. If further prioritisation is required then this will be based on academic achievement.
When assessing your application, we will give regard to:
- The evidence provided in relation to nationality;
- The information provided in relation to displacement of where you would normally be domiciled due to the current situation in Ukraine;
- Your rationale for applying for a postgraduate course at The University of Edinburgh Business School;
- Whether you have clearly articulated your motivation and future ambitions relating to the postgraduate degree you have applied for.
Please note the Ukraine Master’s scholarship application is a separate process to applying for a programme.
All applicants will be notified of the result of their scholarship application within a month of the deadline.